Hey guys, how you all doing?
Stuck in your home? No gym?
Don’t worry, we will guide you on staying fit while staying at home.
Today we have brought the easiest and among the most effective exercise for you all.
PLANK, yes it seems to be the easiest exercise & can be done at the comfort of your home that too without the use of any of equipment.
What is a Plank?
Plank is a simple and effective bodyweight exercise, that requires no equipment and can be performed anywhere.
It is basically used to strengthen your core, but trust me it affects many more areas of your body too. It is among the best exercises to make your abs look fire, and guess what many other exercises actually starts with plank-like pushups, mountain climber etc.
But remember, if you are doing a plank for an hour (don’t try it for an hour, just to make you understand), it will have no good on your body until you are doing it in a correct way.
Why to do a Plank?
- Strengthen your deep inner Core.
- Strengthen your transverse Abdomen.
- Strengthen your Diaphragm.
- Strengthen your Pelvic floor.
- If doing it right, it is a total body move.
- It engages your Quads, Glutes, Arms and more.
- Among the best abs exercise.
- Helps in improving posture & flexibility.
- Provides a tighter belly.
How to do a Plank?
Plank might look simple, but requires a lot of resilience & balance, and the longer you stay in that position, more is the benefit.
Plank is an exercise that doesn’t require reps to be followed but holding a position for a certain amount of time.
Experts suggest sticking to a goal of holding a plank for 60 seconds for a minimum of 3 times. In starting even 60 seconds might seem tougher to you. But the condition will improve with time & practice.
So, let’s see the steps to follow while performing a plank:
Begin the plank position, by placing your forearms and toes on the floor. Your elbows should be directly under the shoulder and lift your body.
Engage your abdomen, and keep the body straight.
Hold this position for few seconds.
Perform the same for 3 times.
For video reference:
Perfecting your plank is among the most important thing, for better results. Make sure your body falls in a straight line from head to toe. Even if you are bending a little you are not doing it the right way.
Remember, you should only perform a plank as long as you are ABLE to master the right position.
Arching your back
Don’t arch your back, as in this way you are putting more weight to the arms & not focusing on your core.
Your hips will start sinking, once you reach your fatigue level. It’s time to end your plank. And if you are experiencing this from the beginning, try parting/widening your feet gap.
Tilting Head Up
While doing a plank, your neck should be in line with your body and not tilted upside. Try looking down to the floor, this way you will avoid this mistake.
Few Variations of Plank to try
- Plank with alternate Knee and elbow
- Begin in a full plank position.
- Lift your leg and pull your knee toward the opposite shoulder.
- Push your knee back to starting plank position. Be sure to keep your abs and glutes tight throughout the exercise.
- Repeat on the other side to balance out your strength training.
For video reference:
- Side Plank
- Lie on one side. Ensure your elbow is directly underneath your shoulder, with your arms flat.
- Keeping your knees on the ground, stack your legs and raise your hips.
- Try placing your hand on your hip or raising it straight toward the ceiling.
- Squeeze your glutes as you hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
For video reference:
🔰 Tips By The Elegant Style
- Try to maintain correct posture and not on staying for a longer period.
- Keep your eyes on the floor to maintain correct posture.
- Don’t look at the stopwatch again and again.
- Try to go for shorter intervals in starting and gradually increase it.
- Have a mat to perform, as performing directly on floor may not be comfortable to you. Because the floor might give you a feeling of pricking.
For any doubt, post your queries in the comment section or on our social handles:
Email us at – email@example.com
#stayhome #staysafe #fightcovid19
More to check out:
- Potato 65 | Aloo 65
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Mangolicious Kulfi
- French Fries in 30 Minutes
- HomeMade Paneer Tikka
- Flatten Your Belly Vacuum Exercise 3 week
- Pre & Post – Workout Shake Recipes
- How Much Protein our Body Need Per Day?
- Morning Detox Drink Goodness vs Myths
- Healthy Diet For Indians
- Benefits of Meditation | Will help you
- Fat Loss N🚫T Weight Loss | Must Read
- Benefit of drinking water | Recommended
- Don’t Miss: Top 10 Web Series Amid Lockdown April 2020
- How To Combat Acne Men | Women
- Egg Hair Mask: Prevent Hairfall & Dandruff (DIY)
- How To Prevent Split Ends
- How To Get Relief From Menstrual Cramps January
- Why Khadi Herbal Facewash? | Latest|2020
- How To Remove Tanning | Updated| 2020
- How To Start A Healthy Lifestyle |July|2019
- Clothing That Compliment Your Skintone
- Wearing Guide For Indian Weddings
- United Colors of Benetton Dreams Aim High Perfume for Men Must try
- The Ultimate Solution for the Patchy Beard October
- Do you know your Face Shape |Men
- Find Perfect Haircut for your Face Shape | Men
- How To Dress To Look Slim | 2020
- How to dress for your Body Shape |Women
- How to take care of your skin in Summer
- United Colors of Benetton Dreams Aim High Perfume for Men
- Must-Have Makeup Products
- 12 Accessories Every Man Should Have | Men
- Best Sunscreens this Summer 2020
- All about Foundations, BB Cream & CC Cream (new)
- Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipsticks: Tried + Tested