Hope you all are doing great ❤️
Today we are going to talk about a serious topic, i.e. the time when you feel discomfort around your abdomen, lower back and thighs.
Yes… You got it right. It’s the time when you are menstruating.
During your periods, the muscles of your womb contract and relax to shed the built-up lining, which results in the cramp, Some women may also feel nausea and diarrhoea at that time.
For some mild cramps, there are various home remedies that can work for you to get rid of it. That’s why we are here to get you introduced with a few of them. So let’s get started…
1. Applying Heat
Applying heat to your abdomen and lower back can actually help to get rid of these cramps.
Take a hot water bottle, add hot water to it and you are good to go. Apply it wherever you feel those cramps. You can even use a heating pad for the same purpose.
If you don’t have a hot water bottle or a heating cramp, then nothing to worry, you can make one for yourself by following a few steps as follow:
- Take two pieces of fabric and sew them from three sides, leaving it open from one side.
- Fill it with uncooked rice and sew the fourth side as well.
- Microwave it for the desired heat, but remember not to overheat.
- Let it cool, if necessary (or wrap it within a towel if you feel it too hot) and apply it to the required area.
Also check: Benefit of drinking water
2. Massaging with Essential Oils.
Massaging with essential oils for about 20 minutes can actually help get rid of menstrual pain.
Massage therapy for menstruation involves pressing specific points while the therapist’s hands move around your abdomen, side, and back.
Adding essential oils into your massage can actually lead to better results.
You can use any essential oil of your choice.
3. Avoid some of these Foods
During this time of the month, it is better to avoid some food that can lead to bloating or water retention. Some of the foods that should be avoided includes:
- Fatty Foods
- Salty Food
- Carbonated Beverages
Reducing these foods will help you relieve those cramps. And instead of the carbonated drinks and caffeine, go for ginger tea or hot water flavoured with lemon.
If you want to go for some sugar fix, then opt for fruits in your snack time.
Also read: Healthy Diet For Indians
4. Add a few herbs to your Diets
Include herbs in your diet that can actually help you get relief of this pain. A few of the herbs useful in these cramps are listed below.
|Chamomile Tea||Sip two cups of tea per day a week before your period. You may benefit more if you drink it every month.|
|Ginger||Try grating a small piece of ginger into hot water for a warm cramp-relieving drink.|
|Fennel Seeds||Take 840 mg of cinnamon capsules three times a day during the first three days of your period.|
|Cinnamon||When your period starts, take 30 mg of fennel extract four times a day for three days.|
5. Should you exercise during your period?
It’s a myth that exercise worsens the cramps and end you up having more pain.
On the contrary, you can – you should – get moving. As during a workout, your body releases endorphins, this is the hormones that relieve pain and ease cramps.
6. Which Exercise – Do’s & Don’t
It is very important to know which exercise we should hit so that benefit always is at your side.
✔️ Which exercise to Perform:
Here is the list of 10 workouts that will help you get through your pain. With the help of the video, you will be able to perform all these exercises with the right posture.
- Jog in Place
- Shoulder Tap + Thigh Tap
- Circle Crunch
- Arm & Leg Raise
- Walking Crossfit Burpees
- Elbow Side Plank
- Push up/Knees/Hands Release
- Reach Through
- Single-Leg Deadlift
- Single-Leg Raise Clap
Video – source
❌ Which exercise to Avoid
Exercise while on your period should not put additional stress on your body, which causes additional pain with the normal process of your cycle. You want to use exercise during your period as a positive tool and there are certain things that you should avoid doing. They are as follows:
- Exercise for a prolonged period of time could do harm to your body when you are menstruating. So, try avoiding that.
- If you feel unusually fatigued, nauseous, or there is an increase in pain or discomfort, stop what you are doing and rest.
- You should avoid Inversion-type poses such as Handstand Pose, Headstand Pose etc as it may reverse the flow and may hit you reversely.
So, that’s all for today. But the last thing – our favourite is still last,
i.e. TIPS BY US ONLY FOR YOU.
🔰 Tips By The Elegant Style
- Do exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself healthy, which will also ease this menstrual process for you.
- Keep yourself clean and always maintain the hygiene for your body.
- Avoid exercises which leads to opposite blood circulation such as headstand during this time of the month.
- Avoid junk food.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
For any doubt our channels are 24/7 open, post your question on a comment section or on our social handles:
Email us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hungry Soul – Instagram
#stayhome #staysafe #fightcovid19
More to check out:
- Flatten Your Belly Vacuum Exercise 3 week
- Pre & Post – Workout Shake Recipes
- How Much Protein our Body Need Per Day?
- Morning Detox Drink Goodness vs Myths
- Healthy Diet For Indians
- Benefits of Meditation | Will help you
- Fat Loss N🚫T Weight Loss | Must Read
- Benefit of drinking water | Recommended
- Don’t Miss: Top 10 Web Series Amid Lockdown April 2020
- How To Combat Acne Men | Women
- Egg Hair Mask: Prevent Hairfall & Dandruff (DIY)
- How To Prevent Split Ends
- How To Get Relief From Menstrual Cramps January
- Why Khadi Herbal Facewash? | Latest|2020
- How To Remove Tanning | Updated| 2020
- How To Start A Healthy Lifestyle |July|2019
- Clothing That Compliment Your Skintone
- Wearing Guide For Indian Weddings
- United Colors of Benetton Dreams Aim High Perfume for Men Must try
- The Ultimate Solution for the Patchy Beard October
- Do you know your Face Shape |Men
- Find Perfect Haircut for your Face Shape | Men
- How To Dress To Look Slim | 2020
- How to dress for your Body Shape |Women
- How to take care of your skin in Summer
- United Colors of Benetton Dreams Aim High Perfume for Men
- Must-Have Makeup Products
- 12 Accessories Every Man Should Have | Men
- Best Sunscreens this Summer 2020
- All about Foundations, BB Cream & CC Cream (new)
- Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipsticks: Tried + Tested